BRAC’s vision is a world free from all forms of exploitation and discrimination where everyone has the opportunity to realise their potential. The organisation was founded in Bangladesh in 1972 and acts as a catalyst, creating opportunities for people to transform their lives. BRAC believes in integrity, inclusiveness, effectiveness, and innovation in all areas of work. BRAC uses an integrated model to change systems of inequity, through social development programmes, humanitarian response, social enterprises, socially responsible investments and a university. It operates in conflict-prone and post-disaster settings in 11 countries across Asia and Africa.
BRAC is a global leader in developing cost-effective, evidence-based programmes, and has been ranked the #1 NGO in the world for the last five years consecutively by NGO Advisor.
Officer, Quality Assurance (Aarong Dairy)
- Act as a shift in charge: Distribute routine work among the technician and monitor the same.
- Monitor the laboratory tests and online activities basis on SOP
- Prepare starter culture for production of different fermented products, different reagents, solutions for laboratory analysis and ensure their strength.
- Visit to different Chilling Centre and empower their technician through training and motivation
- Distribute chemicals and glassware to Chilling Centre and maintain the related documents.
- Conduct monthly lab inventory
- Check & record the routine factory hygiene
- Ensure the safety of team members from any harm, abuse, neglect, harassment and exploitation to achieve the programme’s goals on safeguarding implementation.
- Act as a key source of support, guidance and expertise on safeguarding for establishing a safe working environment.
- Practice, promote and endorse the issues of safeguarding policy among team members and ensure the implementation of safeguarding standards in every course of action.
- Follow the safeguarding reporting procedure in case any reportable incident takes place, encourage others to do so.
- Any task assigned by the supervisor as and when required
- Candidates should have graduation (BSc in Dairy Science / Food technology / Food Engineering / Chemistry) with minimum CGPA 2.50 or 2nd division/ class or equivalent result in all academic examinations
- Candidate with relevant experience will be given preference, however, freshers can also apply
- Must have knowledge on food safety management system and in routine lab analysis
- Must have knowledge to analyse all packaging material, chemical, raw material and finished product lab
- Must have the skills in MS word, MS-excel
- Must have the skill in communication
- Must have the skill of multitasking.
Salary and Benefits
Health & Life Insurance Benefit, Compulsory Contributory Provident Fund, Gratuity and others
Job Location: Gazipur
Last Apply Date: 19/Oct/2020
BRAC believes every one of its employees, suppliers, downstream partners, visitors, clients and community including children, youth and vulnerable adults that come into contact regardless of age, race, religion, gender, disability or ethnic origin has the right to be protected from all forms of harm, abuse, neglect, harassment, and exploitation. We guarantee assessment of candidates with disabilities who meet the essential requirements. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and will do everything possible to ensure that those who are suitable to work within our values and beliefs are recruited to work for us. Any personal persuasion will result in disqualification of candidature.
Join the world’s biggest family