BRAC’s vision is a world free from all forms of exploitation and discrimination where everyone has the opportunity to realise their potential. The organisation was founded in Bangladesh in 1972 and acts as a catalyst, creating opportunities for people to transform their lives. BRAC believes in integrity, inclusiveness, effectiveness, and innovation in all areas of work. BRAC uses an integrated model to change systems of inequity, through social development programmes, humanitarian response, social enterprises, socially responsible investments and a university. It operates in conflict-prone and post-disaster settings in 11 countries across Asia and Africa.
BRAC is a global leader in developing cost-effective, evidence-based programmes, and has been ranked the #1 NGO in the world for the last four years consecutively by NGO Advisor.
BRAC Enterprises, the social enterprise and investment division of BRAC were initiated as intervention to serve a need or create market access for the marginal producers. BRAC social enterprises provide value chain linkages, support employment for poor communities and generate profits which contribute to our development programmes. Aspiring to meet the triple bottom line we incorporate serving the needs of the poor and being friendly to the planet with making a profit. Profitable and scalable businesses make significant contributions to the local economy through market linkages, entrepreneurial activity and better employment opportunities. BRAC Enterprises, currently based in Bangladesh, are committed to ending conditions of poverty and also generate significant revenues, fifty (50) percent of which are reinvested into BRAC development activities.
Officer, Microbiology (Aarong Dairy)
- Regular Microbial analysis of finished product and process line
- Microbial analysis of all incoming raw material
- Validation & verification of all process line
- Environment monitoring of Plant; SWAB analysis of plant and equipment
- Antimicrobial assay of Raw milk
- Prepare starter culture (MS1) for production of different fermented products)
- Prepare different reagents and microbiological media to conduct all microbiological tests
- Maintain day to day microbiological documents
- Visit & training to chilling center in charge, analyst & farmer regarding hygienic milk collection and awareness on antibiotic use in milk
- Ensure chilling center evaluation report and keeping all training document of chilling center
- Conduct audit on GMP & GHP in different milk processing plant
- Do other duties as assigned by the supervisor
- Ensure the safety of team members from any harm, abuse, neglect, harassment and exploitation to achieve the programme’s goals on safeguarding implementation. Act as a key source of support, guidance and expertise on safeguarding for establishing a safe working environment.
- Practice, promote and endorse the issues of safeguarding policy among team members and ensure the implementation of safeguarding standards in every course of action.
- Follow the safeguarding reporting procedure in case any reportable incident takes place, encourage others to do so.
Candidates should have BSc/ MSc in Microbiology/ Biotechnology with minimum GPA 2.5 or 2nd division/ class or equivalent result in all academic examinations in reputed university/ institutions.
Minimum 01 year of experience in relevant field.
- Depth knowledge on microorganism and microbial analytical job
- Sound knowledge in Food safety management system & routine lab analysis
Salary and Benefits
Other Benefits: Health & Life Insurance Benefit, Festival Bonuses, Compulsory Contributory Provident Fund, Gratuity and others
Job Location: BDFP Factory, Gazipur
Last Apply Date: 18/Oct/2020
Join the world’s biggest family