BRAC’s vision is a world free from all forms of exploitation and discrimination where everyone has the opportunity to realise their potential. The organisation was founded in Bangladesh in 1972 and acts as a catalyst, creating opportunities for people to transform their lives. BRAC believes in integrity, inclusiveness, effectiveness, and innovation in all areas of work. BRAC uses an integrated model to change systems of inequity, through social development programmes, humanitarian response, social enterprises, socially responsible investments and a university. It operates in conflict-prone and post-disaster settings in 11 countries across Asia and Africa.
BRAC is a global leader in developing cost-effective, evidence-based programmes, and has been ranked the #1 NGO in the world for the last four years consecutively by NGO Advisor.
BRAC Enterprises, the social enterprise and investment division of BRAC were initiated as intervention to serve a need or create market access for the marginal producers. BRAC social enterprises provide value chain linkages, support employment for poor communities and generate profits which contribute to our development programmes. Aspiring to meet the triple bottom line we incorporate serving the needs of the poor and being friendly to the planet with making a profit. Profitable and scalable businesses make significant contributions to the local economy through market linkages, entrepreneurial activity and better employment opportunities. BRAC Enterprises, currently based in Bangladesh, are committed to ending conditions of poverty and also generate significant revenues, fifty (50) percent of which are reinvested into BRAC development activities.
Machine Operator, Aarong Dairy
- Operate continuous flow or vat-type equipment to process milk, cream, and other dairy products, following specified methods and formulas: Connects pipes between vats and processing equipment
- Assemble fittings, valves, bowls, plates, disks, impeller shaft, and other parts to equipment with wrench to prepare for the operation.
- Turn valves to pump the sterilizing solution and rinse water through pipes and equipment and spray vats with atomizer
- Start pumps and equipment, observes temperature and pressure gauges, and opens valves on continuous flow equipment to force milk through centrifuge to separate cream from milk, through homogenizer to produce specified emulsion, and through filter to remove sediment
- Turn valves to admit steam and water into pipes to pasteurize milk and to circulate refrigerant through coils to cool milk
- Starts pump and agitator, observes pressure and temperature gauges, and opens valves on vat equipment to fill, stir, and steam-heat milk in vat
- Pump or pour specified amounts of liquid or powder ingredients, such as skim milk, stabilizer, SMP, FCMP & Coco etc. into vat to make dairy products, such as buttermilk, chocolate milk
- Testing product at various stages of processing
- Keep records of specified time, temperature, pressure, and volume readings
The candidate should have Diploma or 3 Years Trade Course in Mechanical/ Electrical/ Electronic with minimum 2nd division/ class or equivalent result in all academic examinations from any reputed institutions
Experience in same sector will be given preference
- Must have the skill of multitasking
- Must have the ability to work under pressure
Salary and Benefits
Other Benefits: Health & Life Insurance Benefit, Festival Bonuses, Compulsory Contributory Provident Fund, Gratuity and others
Job Location: BDFP Factory, Gazipur
Last Apply Date: 17/Oct/2020
BRAC believes every one of its employees, suppliers, downstream partners, visitors, clients and community including children, youth and vulnerable adults that come into contact regardless of age, race, religion, gender, disability or ethnic origin has the right to be protected from all forms of harm, abuse, neglect, harassment, and exploitation. We guarantee assessment of candidates with disabilities who meet the essential requirements. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and will do everything possible to ensure that those who are suitable to work within our values and beliefs are recruited to work for us. Any personal persuasion will result in disqualification of candidature.
Join the world’s biggest family