|ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT, G7
|Job Code Title:
|United Nations Environment Programme
|11 October 2017 – 09 November 2017
|Job Opening Number:
To use UNJobAid assistance service
please read through our web page
Appointment against this post is for an initial period of one year and may be subject to extension. Recruitment for this position is done on a local basis.Staff members are subject to the authority of the Secretary-General and to assignment by him or her. In this context, all staff are expected to move periodically to new functions in their careers in accordance with established rules and procedures. All applicants are strongly encouraged to apply online as soon as possible after the job opening has been posted and well before the deadline stated in the job opening. Online applications will be acknowledged where an email address has been provided. If you do not receive an e-mail acknowledgement within 24 hours of submission, your application may not have been received. If the problem persists, please seek technical assistance through the Inspira “Need Help?” link.
Org. Setting and Reporting
The United Nations Environment Programme (UN Environment) is the leading global environmental authority that sets the global environmental agenda, promotes the coherent
implementation of the environmental dimension of sustainable development within the United Nations system and serves as an authoritative advocate for the global environment. This
position is located in UN Environment, Corporate Services Division, Nairobi duty station.The incumbent, under the supervision of the Administrative Officer, Enterprise Solutions Section,
Corporate Services Division is responsible for the following;
1. Building Maintenance & Space Utilization: Under authority from the Director, Corporate Services Division and guidance from the First Reporting Officer (FRO), in consultation and conjunction with UNON Facilities Management (FMTS) manage & monitor space usage in UNEP New Office Facilities (NOF).
2. Property Management: As Divisional Asset Focal Point, in conjunction with UNON Property Management Unit (PMU), analyze & ensure that accurate and auditable records, in both hard and electronic format, are maintained for property control and accountability in conformance with Secretariat Administrative Instructions, Property Management Guidelines and Standard Operating Procedures;
3. Low Value Requisitioning: Prepare Requests for Quotes for Low Value Purchase Orders and compile data contained in quotations and proposals to determine which supplier can deliver the required goods/services at the best terms and lowest costs possible as per UN Financial Regulations and Rules as promulgated by the Secretary-General’s Bulletin ST/SGB/2013/4.
4. Information and Communication Technology: As divisional ICT focal point, analyze & reports on usage of the Division Corporate Services Division IT resources and their budget implications; process requests for addition to local area networks (LAN) of all new laptops & creation of official email for incoming staff members, consultants and interns;
5. Logistics Execution: Assist in preparation of logistics plans and cost estimates for the Division. Initiates requisitions and perform technical evaluations. Maintain updates and ensure accuracy and completeness in requisition details, purchase orders, delivery and invoice actions. Support in preparation of reports based on logistics requirements.
6. Perform any other duties as required.
•PROFESSIONALISM: Knowledge of administrative, procurement and logistics policies, procedures and practices and ability to interpret and apply them in organizational setting. Demonstrates use of initiative and makes appropriate linkages in work requirements and anticipates next steps. Shows pride in work and in achievements; demonstrates professional competence and mastery of subject matter; is conscientious and efficient in meeting commitments, observing deadlines and achieving results; is motivated by professional rather than personal concerns; shows persistence when faced with difficult problems or challenges; remains calm in stressful situations.
• COMMUNICATION: Speaks and writes clearly and effectively; listens to others, correctly interprets messages from others and responds appropriately; asks questions to clarify, and exhibits interest in having two-way communication; tailors language, tone, style and format to match audience; demonstrates openness in sharing information and keeping people informed.
• TEAMWORK: Works collaboratively with colleagues to achieve organizational goals; solicits input by genuinely valuing others’ ideas and expertise; is willing to learn from others; places team agenda before personal agenda; supports and acts in accordance with final group decision, even when such decisions may not entirely reflect own position; shares credit for team accomplishments and accepts joint responsibility for team shortcomings.
High school diploma or equivalent. Supplementary training in property and administration/office management is desirable. Passing the Global General Service Test (GGST) is a prerequisite for recruitment consideration in the General Service category in the United Nations Secretariat. Having passed the Administrative Assessment Support Test (ASAT) in English at Headquarters, ECA, ESCWA, UNOG, UNOV, ICTR, or ICTY may be recognized in place of the GGST, pending confirmation of validity.
A minimum of ten years of progressively responsible experience in property management, administration and/or office management or related area. Procurement-related experience is desirable. Working experience with Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) Systems is highly desirable.
English and French are the working languages of the United Nations Secretariat. For the position advertised, fluency in English is required. Knowledge of other official United Nations languages is an desirable.
Evaluation of qualified applicants may include an assessment exercise which may be followed by competency-based interview.