Regional WASH Specialist
Water, Sanitation & Hygiene
Action Against Hunger is a global humanitarian and development organization that takes decisive action against the causes and effects of hunger. We save the lives of malnourished children. We ensure families can access clean water, food, training, and health care. We enable entire communities to be free from hunger. With more than 7,600 staff in over 45 countries, we have reached over 20 million people in 2018.
YOU’LL CONTRIBUTE TO ENDING WORLD HUNGER BY . . .
delivering the global technical strategy and informing the development and implementation of WASH interventions and initiatives in East Africa.
- KEY ACTIVITIES IN YOUR ROLE WILL INCLUDE:
- Oversee technical program quality in WASH interventions in selected countries.
- Inform global learning, capitalization and uptake of Action Against Hunger -HEARO WASH programming and experiences.
- Offer technical support in WASH through identification, selection and orientation of technical field staff.
- Represents Action Against Hunger–HEARO WASH sector external coordination, representation and communication at regional level.
DOES THIS DESCRIPTION FIT YOU?
You’re an experienced humanitarian professional
- You have a Bachelor degree (Master’s Degree or higher preferred) in Water, Sanitation, Hygiene or a related field.
- You have a minimum of 4 years’ previous work in WASH programs with an international humanitarian organization, including at least 2 years of assignments in 2 countries besides the country of origin.
- You possess strong organizational skills and are able to pay attention to writing and reviewing detailed proposals and reports, as well as preparing and editing technical guidelines and training materials.
- You have experience working in humanitarian contexts, emergency and post-crisis, and familiarity with all steps of the Project Cycle Management.
- You have excellent knowledge of technical fields related to WASH.
- You have genuine interest in and commitment to the humanitarian principles of Action Against Hunger.
You are very efficient leading processes
- You are highly organized & pay attention to small details.
- You are passionate about finding creative solutions & innovative approaches to long-standing & critical problems.
- You are excellent planning, management and coordination skills, with the ability to organize a substantial workload, diverse tasks and responsibilities, and also work calmly under pressure.
- You are self disciplined and can work autonomously making decisions with minimal guidance.
- You have experience working with diverse international teams and ability to communicate well in English, both written and verbal
Our Core values.
In this position, you are expected to demonstrate Action Against Hunger’s five core values
- Respect– we work with compassion and dedication, treating everyone the same way we expect them to treat us.
- Integrity-: we believe that being honest and fair is integral to every aspect of our work. conducting our work with a spirit of sincerity, truthfulness and transparency is imperative.
- Creativity-we encourage new ideas, embrace innovative solutions, and create opportunities for meaningful and exciting ways to do our jobs and provide solutions to address the needs of the populations we serve.
- Excellence– we strive to provide services that meet and even exceed the expectations of our stakeholders (populations in need, staff, communities and donors).
- Empowerment– we are committed to fostering an environment in which our staff, partners and communities where we work have the space to grow, develop and feel confident about participating.
Gender Equality Commitments
- Ability to foster an environment that reinforces values of women and men, and equal access to information.
- Provide a work environment where women and men must be evaluated and promoted based on their skills and performance.
- Respect beneficiaries’ women, men, boys and girls regardless of gender, sex orientation, disability, religion. race, color, ancestry, national origin, age, or marital status.
- Value and respect for all cultures.
Action Against Hunger values its employees and offers a comprehensive remuneration and benefits package. These include but are not limited to: –
- Health Insurance
- Paid annual leave (vacation)
- Training opportunities
For an all-inclusive list of benefits check the Action Against Hunger Website
Click on the “Apply” button below to apply for the position. Be sure to fill in the Education history and Experience fields provided in the form. Applications submitted without this information will be automatically disqualified. Application deadline is 30th October 2020 .
Like and Follow us on
Subscribe to our Newsletter
More than 130 UN Job Openings
for the week from 25 February to 03 March 2021
The programme assistant will support the further development and implementation of resource efficiency sub-programme with focus on the implementation of ‘EU4Environment’ project.
The focus of the position is on overall coordination and management of water and sanitation projects in Nepal.