HUMAN RESOURCES OFFICER
NEW YORK, UNITED STATES
HUMAN RESOURCES OFFICER
Duration : Permanent
Start date : ASAP
Click here for additional details about :
YOU’LL CONTRIBUTE TO ENDING WORLD HUNGER BY …
developing, advising on and implementing policies related to the effective use of staff of Action Against Hunger-USA based in (or directly reporting to) the NY and Washington D.C. offices. The role of the HR Officer is to ensure that the organization employs the right balance of staff in terms of skills and experience, manages properly the HR processes and resources, follows the policies and procedures in place, and ensures training and development opportunities to enhance staff performance in order to achieve Action Against Hunger-USA’s objectives.
KEY ACTIVITIES IN YOUR ROLE WILL INCLUDE
- Working closely with various departments, increasingly in a consultancy role, assisting line managers to understand and implement policies and procedures;
- Promoting equality and diversity as part of the culture of the organization;
- Liaising with a range of people involved in policy areas such as the Action Against Hunger-USA risk management program;
- Managing the talent acquisition process, which involves developing job descriptions and personnel specifications, suggesting recruitment sources, preparing job advertisements, posting and checking application forms, shortlisting, interviewing and selecting candidates;
- Conducting reference checks;
- Preparing and following-up on the onboarding program for each new employee;
- Preparing contracts, salary updates and related documents;
- Developing and implementing the performance management program;
- Updating the staff handbook;
- Providing information and guidance on Action Against Hunger-USA remuneration packages in support of the HR Generalist’s role;
- Providing accurate information for payroll and for the maintenance of employee records;
- Consolidating data and preparing reports, providing real time information to support the day-to-day HR processes as well as the key performance indicators (KPI’s) to the Senior Management Team (SMT);
- Developing HR planned strategies related to new projects, which consider immediate and long-term staff engagement and development;
- Analyzing training needs in conjunction with departmental supervisors, liaising with the HR team based in Nairobi;
- Planning and delivering training – including inductions for new staff;
- Managing the internship programs at HQ level.
DO YOU MEET THE PROFILE REQUIRED CRITERIA?
You are a dedicated and experienced HR professional
- You have Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Learning & Development, International Studies or a related field.
- You have at least seven years of experience in a similar role, preferably with an international NGO.
- You have experience and personal commitment promoting equal employment opportunities including gender equality within the humanitarian and/or development field.
You are well prepared to perform the job
- You are expert in preparing, updating, organizing and maintaining personal records.
- You have experience providing services during all stages of the employee life cycle, including talent acquisition and placement, organization design, performance management, career planning and development, training, compensation and reward, and separations.
- You can ensure legal compliance by monitoring and implementing applicable human resource federal and state requirements.
Your work style builds trust within your internal clients
- You are highly organized and pay attention to small details.
- You can adapt to various situations prioritizing multiple work assignments simultaneously.
- You can interact positively with all employees regardless of their professional qualifications, hierarchical levels, or locations.
- You have genuine interest in and commitment to the humanitarian principles of Action Against Hunger.
We provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees & qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender-identity, ancestry, sexual orientation, national origin, age, handicap, disability, marital status, or status as a veteran. ACF-USA complies with all applicable laws governing nondiscrimination in employment.
Work authorization : Successful applicants must be US work authorized
Like and Follow us on
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Information and Telecommunication Technology Professional Jobs with the United Nations As of 17 October 2022
Information and Telecommunication Technology P Category Jobs with the United Nations As of 17 October 2022 – Multiple Locations
The NGO SOLIDARITÉS INTERNATIONAL assists populations affected by conflicts and violence, epidemics, natural or climate-related disasters and economic collapse.